I often get asked about what books I recommend for learning about innovation, especially for someone just getting started. The following books will provide you with plenty of help, as they have done for me.
- Build an A-Team: Play to Their Strengths and Lead Them Up the Learning Curve, by Whitney Johnson
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Games Changers, and Challengers, by Alex Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
- The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life (Learn In and Use It for Life), by Twyla Tharp
- HBR’s 10 Must Reads on Innovation (with featured article “The Discipline of Innovation,” by Peter F. Drucker), Harvard Business Review
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future, by Kevin Kelly
- Innovation Accounting: A Practical Guide For Measuring Your Innovation Ecosystem’s Performance, by Dan Toma and Esther Gons
- Innovating: A Doer’s Manifesto for Starting from a Hunch, Prototyping Problems, Scaling Up, and Learning to Be Productively Wrong, by Luis Perez-Breva
- Pirates in the Navy: How Innovators Lead Transformation, by Tendayi Viki
- Seeing Around Corners: How to Spot Inflection Points in Business Before They Happen, by Rita McGrath
- The Simple Guide to Legal Innovation: Basics Every Lawyer Should Know, by Lucy Bassli
- Successful Innovation Outcomes in Law: A Practical Guide for Law Firms, Law Departments and Other Legal Organizations, by Dennis Kennedy
- The Ten Faces of Innovation: IDEO’s Strategies for Beating the Devil’s Advocate and Driving Creativity Throughout Your Organization, by Tom Kelley
- Ten Types of Innovation: The Discipline of Building Breakthroughs, by Larry Keeley
- Testing Business Ideas: A Field Guide for Rapid Experimentation, by David Bland and Alex Osterwalder
- This Is Service Design Doing: Applying Service Design Thinking in the Real World, by Marc Stickdorn, et al
- Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want, by Alex Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
[Originally posted on DennisKennedy.Blog (https://www.denniskennedy.com/blog/)]
Want to schedule a Zoom call to talk with me about Legal Innovation as a Service, Speaking, or other services? Schedule a Zoom with Dennis via Calendly.
Need a little help with your legal innovation efforts? Check out my Legal Innovation as a Service offerings.
Follow me on Twitter – @denniskennedy
Download my FREE “57 Tips for Successful Innovation Outcomes in Law” (PDF).
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.